Our mission is to make healthcare education accessible, affordable and enjoyable.
We are very conscious that any business decisions we make have an impact on the environment and we want to play our part to protect the planet.
We are taking positive action to ensure our company and the suppliers and manufacturers we choose to work with, operate in the most sustainable way possible. So we can leave our world in a healthier place than we found it.
Our aim is to significantly reduce our carbon emissions by,
Making the most efficient use of resources
Minimising our waste
Reducing our energy consumption
Sim & Skills Sustainability Plan
We believe that small changes can make a big difference.
Here's what we're doing to reduce our carbon footprint:
- The nature and quality of our products mean they last a long time. Many of our products have free extended warranty (up to 5 years), and spare parts are readily available, meaning you don't need to replace an entire product until it is truly at the end of its useful life.
- We offer a range of software-based solutions including PCS Spark, which do not involve heavy manufacturing processes or require shipping.
- We've reduced the number of deliveries and international shipments we receive by combing purchases together. Helping to reduce the number of trucks on the road.
- We choose to work with suppliers who share our sustainable approach. We use Shopify to host our e-commerce operations. One of the reasons we chose this platform is because of their commitment to planting and protecting trees as part of their Sustainability Fund.
We've switched to British manufacturers where possible, to reduce our need for air freight.
- We actively engage with suppliers to reduce waste in the supply chain. We request recycled and recyclable packaging materials.
- We encourage our staff to work remotely or use a hybrid approach, to limit unnecessary journeys to the office.
- We offer online consultations and demos to our customers, to minimise the number of car journeys.
- Our efficient Inventory Management software allows us to control our stock levels so we meet the needs of customers, but don't overstock products.
- We use stickers and tape produced using recycled materials.
- We reuse packaging materials as much as possible.
- We recycle paper and cardboard we can't reuse. If we can't recycle something we contact our suppliers to discuss changing packaging.
Our Future Plans
Reducing our carbon footprint and our impact on the environment is a continuous process. We are always working on ideas to improve our sustainability.
Our future plans include:
We will look to install automatic sensor light switches throughout our warehouse and offices.
We aim to have zero waste in the warehouse.
We will look for more local suppliers and manufacturers, to reduce our reliance on air freight and shipping.