Birthing Simulator Basic
The 3B Scientific® Birthing Simulator P90 BASIC has been developed for skill training in normal deliveries, complicated deliveries, and obstetric emergencies.
Obstetric simulation has proven successful in enhancing the training of delivery skills, following protocols, and reacting in emergency situations.
Assessment and manipulation of foetal positions:
Birthing complications are in general less likely when an abnormal fetal position or presentation can be detected before the labour process starts.
When a foetus doesn’t present in a normal position (facing backwards, presenting head first), the correct measures must be applied to assist a complicated delivery with manual manoeuvres.
Furthermore, medical staff must be trained on when and how to apply obstetric emergency interventions (like a caesarean section).
3B Scientific® Birthing Simulator P90 BASIC
You can see how manual manoeuvres affect the fetus in-utero and train the following delivery skills and techniques:
- Normal vaginal delivery
- Normal delivery of umbilical cord and placenta
- Palpation and assessment of foetal position and presentation
- Diagnosis of all normal and abnormal foetal positions and presentations (like face, neck, or brow) to represent routine and difficult deliveries
- Shoulder dystocia demonstration and management
- Breech deliveries (including complete, footling or incomplete, and frank breech presentation)
- Palpation of foetal fontanelles features
- Complete and incomplete placenta birth
- Demonstration of placenta previa: total, partial, and marginal
- Prolapse of umbilical cord
- Nuchal umbilical cord
- Cesarean delivery through a pre-cut incision
- Clamping and cutting of the umbilical cord
- Simulated suctioning of baby’s mouth and nose
- Pinard’s manoeuvre
- Mauriceu-Smellie-Veit manoeuvre
- Prague manoeuvre
- Woods manoeuvre
The 3B Scientific® P90 Birthing Simulator P90 BASIC offers the following features for effective obstetric teaching and training:
- Fully articulating fetus with open mouth, tiltable head, shoulder blade, and anatomical correct fontanelles
- Life-size adult female lower torso, anatomically correct landmarks like pelvis, pelvic cavity, and spine
- Manual birthing system to control rotation and speed of fetus delivery
- Easy to change the position of the foetus during the birthing process including descend, flexion, extension, internal and external rotation, and restitution
- Easily change-out of parts through pin connections, no tools necessary
- Anti-slip base and handles for extra support on tables
All consumables and replacement parts are available here.
- 3B Scientific® Birthing Simulator P90 BASIC
- Detachable, padded stomach cover with basic insert with pre-cut caesarian section
- Basic birth canal
- Assembly kit
- Fully articulating foetal baby
- Umbilical cord
The 3B Scientific® Birthing Simulator P90 BASIC is made of soft vinyl (hard for inner structures) and silicone. It is easy to clean and all parts can quickly be changed without tools (pin connections).
The 3B Scientific® Birthing Simulator P90 BASIC can be upgraded to the PRO version with the Upgrade Kit 1020337.